Last modified: June 1, 2017
Nest International, Inc. (“Company” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to taking reasonable steps towards protecting your privacy online and managing your information through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Company’s website at www.enternest.com, and the Company’s mobile applications (collectively, the “Sites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to (i) the Sites; (ii) any e-mail, text and other electronic messages concerning the Company’s operations, products or services; and (iii) our marketing contacts with you, including your interactions with our advertising and applications on third-party websites (e.g., Facebook and Instagram).
2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 is authorized to use, or provide any information to, the Sites. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we do not request, or knowingly collect, personal information from children under 13. If we learn of any mistaken or inadvertent collection or receipt of personal information from a child under 13 through their misuse of the Sites, we will delete that information from our records. We ask all parents and guardians to assist us in our efforts to comply with COPPA by prohibiting children under the age of 13 from providing the Company with any personal information or using the Sites without parental oversight and assistance. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including, but not limited to, information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, information you provide on the Sites contact forms, time and dates of visits to the Sites, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not specifically identify you, such as the websites from which you link to our Sites, and aggregated, non-identifying information that is derived from your personal information (such as the number of users accessing our Sites from a particular ZIP code); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties.
4. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering with our Sites, posting material or requesting further services or information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Sites.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may collect certain information about you and your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, via automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons. Such information may include:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect analytic information about our users’ online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Server Logs. A web “server log” is a record of activity created by a computer that delivers certain web pages to your browser. Certain activities that you perform on our Sites may record information in server logs, such as if you enter a search term into a search box located on the Sites. The server log may record, for example, the search terms or the link you clicked on to bring you to our Sites. The server log may also record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser.
- Widgets. A “widget” is generally an application that can be embedded in a webpage. Widgets can provide real-time information to the webpage. Widgets are often provided by third-parties; we may provide widgets on our website. Widgets may enable the third parties that provide them to collect data about users visiting the Sites.
6. How We Use Your Information
We, and our authorized third party service providers, may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: (i) to present our Sites and its contents to you; (ii) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us; (iii) suggest products or services which may be of interest to you; (iv) analyze trends and conduct research about improving our products, services and Sites; (v) learn about our users’ needs; (vi) contact users for research, informational or marketing purposes; (vii) track traffic patterns and usage of the Sites, including customizing our recommendations and promotions to you based on your information; (viii) enable online registration; (ix) correlate information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in marketing efforts; (x) provide you with relevant marketing, promotional, or other information; (xi) address information security and/or privacy practices control, network functioning, engineering, and troubleshooting issues; (xii) investigate claims and/or legal actions, violations of law or agreements, and compliance with relevant applicable laws and legal process; (xiii) comply with law, or based on our good-faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law, or otherwise to disclose information to prevent fraud and reduce credit risks, to cooperate with police and other governmental authorities, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to the Sites or the public; (xiv) process or engage in a sale of all or part of our business, or if we go through a reorganization or merger; (xv) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (xvi) to provide you with notices; (xvii) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; (xviii) to notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we may offer or provide though it; (xix) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and (xx) for any other purpose with your consent.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Sites users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (e.g., your address to receive follow-up information).
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Sites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request and your exact name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may click the relevant unsubscribe links in those emails. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase or product service experience or other transactions.
9. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To the extent you have created a user account, you can review and change certain personal information that you provided us by logging into the Sites and visiting your account profile.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail email@example.com. In response to your written request, we are allowed to provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt out of our sharing your information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name, if the third party will use such information for its direct marketing purposes.
11. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable physical and electronic measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no data can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites nor can we guarantee that such information will not become publicly available. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites. You can reduce these risks by using common-sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up-to-date antivirus software on your electronic devices.
12. Users Outside of the United States
If you are visiting the Sites from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. All information you receive from the Sites may be created on servers located in the United States, and all information you provide may be maintained on web servers and systems located within the United States. The data protection laws in the United States and other countries might not be the same as those in your country. By using the Sites or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and to the facilities and servers we use, and to those with whom we may share your information.
14. Contact Information
NEST International, Inc.
550 Crescent Blvd.
Gloucester City, NJ 08030